Starting next week, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
will connect guests face-to-face with concierge teams at ten properties around the world using the new iPad 2 from Apple
. Using the FaceTime feature on Apple products – be it a MacBook, iPhone 4, iPod touch or iPad 2 – consumers can video chat with InterContinental's concierge teams and receive personalized service and destination recommendations before they even leave home. InterContinental properties participating in the initiative include:
- InterContinental New York Barclay
- InterContinental San Francisco
- InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
- InterContinental Houston
- InterContinental London Park Lane
- InterContinental Dubai Festival City
- InterContinental Shanghai Expo
- InterContinental Hong Kong
- ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- InterContinental Bali Resort
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts was among the first major hotel brand to offer consumers an app designed specifically for the iPad in December 2010. To date, InterContinental's free Concierge app, which allows current and future guests to tap into the collective knowledge and experiences of "Insider" Concierge teams in more than 140 destinations, has been downloaded by more than 7,000 consumers and has received a four out of five star rating.
"We are excited to further enhance our interaction with travelers via the iPad 2," says Simon Scoot, vice president, global brand management, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. "As a brand, we pride ourselves on our 'insider' concierge teams and personalized service, and now prospective guests can access authentic destination advice and top-notch travel tips face-to-face before they even leave home."
The enhancements associated with the iPad 2 along with InterContinental's Concierge app for the iPad allows consumers to explore over 140 exciting cities and exotic destinations where InterContinental Hotels & Resorts are located by providing immediate access to the following:
- FaceTime video chatting with concierge teams at the ten InterContinental hotels participating in the global pilot (also available via iPhone 4, iPod Touch and Mac computers)
- Destination-specific concierge videos packed with useful insider information and recommendations not normally found in travel guide books;
- Interactive globe with Google Maps technology featuring high-resolution satellite imagery, close-up street views and detailed walking routes as well as recommended shops, restaurants and local attractions;
- Recommendations and suggested itineraries for a concierge's perfect day (morning, afternoon and evening) for each location;
- Insider tips around the local culture, what to pack and interesting facts.