HP announced the company’s first mobile point-of-sale solution for retailers, that is intended to help them deliver a personalized shopping experience to their customers.
The HP Retail Mobile Point-of-Sale Case attaches to the newly announced HP Slate 2 Tablet PC, adding an integrated magnetic stripe reader (MSR) and a barcode scanner.
Salespeople are able to complete customer transactions anywhere in the store, reducing long lines at fixed checkouts and boosting sales and productivity.
Retailers also can use the HP Slate 2’s integrated Wi-Fi or Bluetooth wireless technology to check product availability, find alternate colors and styles, track orders and email customer receipts. The 8.9-inch screen is ideal for employees wanting to share videos or inventory selections with their customers.
Coupled with the HP Slate 2, the HP Retail Mobile POS Case offers retailers:
• Bidirectional, three-track magnetic stripe reader that allows processing of credit, loyalty or gift cards.
• Advanced security in the MSR that can be used in encrypted or unencrypted mode and supports Triple DES encryption and DUKPT key management.
• 1-D and 2-D omnidirectional bar code scanner that scans merchandise, coupons or ads.
• A choice of familiar Microsoft Windows 7 OS, including Windows 7 Premium and Windows 7 Embedded editions, making it easy for retailers to integrate the HP Slate 2 into their existing application and hardware infrastructure.
• A single, flexible platform that also can be used behind the scenes for gathering inventory, running reports and transmitting data wirelessly.