DIRECTV continues to target commercial hotel customers, with two annoucements at HITEC 2014: the DIRECTV Residential Experience (DRE) is now fully available to hotels, and this summier it will be introducing an HD, head-end video solution, COM2000
DIRECTV's Residential Experience for Hotels is now available to all hotels over all wiring schemes (home-run or loop-thru/daisy chain). Properties utilizing the DRE will have access to hundreds of HD channels and exclusive sports programming, including NFL SUNDAY TICKET, plus a user-friendly interactive program guide and hotel PMS integration.
Features of the DIRECTV Residential Experience for Hotels include:
• Customizable Hotel Welcome Page
• Interactive apps including Guest Messaging, Amenity Reservations and Express Checkout
• Seamless OTT content integration without taxing the hotel’s Wi-Fi network
This Summer DIRECTV is also introducing COM2000, an HD head-end video solution. This second generation commercial head-end product leverages the COM1000 platform, which has been available to the market since 2009.
Features for COM2000 include:
• Energy efficient: Requires less than 225 watts of power consumption.
• 50% cost reduction from previous model: Scalable, small modular design reduces overall cost per channel by up to 50% for twice the HD channels over existing solution.
• Reliable and adaptable: Highest density head end system that can service any size property or infrastructure.
• User Friendly: Configurable on-screen, scrolling program guide.