First Data Corporation’s
product solution set has been enhanced with additions to its information and analytics solutions, prepaid solutions and payment acceptance offerings for merchants. Highlights from its Q2 2011 product release, include:
Information & analytics solutions
- SpendTrend Web: This web-enabled, interactive format of SpendTrend provides faster delivery and web-enabled 24x7 convenience, plus the ability to filter breakdowns of industry by region or payment type for more granular insight into U.S. consumer buying behavior
- Business Track: a consolidated, user-friendly merchant web portal for accessing key information at a glance on all payment streams, including credit, debit, prepaid and check data
- Value Link Business Center (VLBC): First Data is preparing the online VLBC to include new languages (German, Turkish and Portuguese) for expansion to Germany and Brazil.
- Frequent Transaction Detail (FTD) file: The FTD is a new card activity output file, sent six times per day, for Premium Gift Card clients who desire more frequent activity reporting than once daily
- Bulk Activation (Multi-pack cards): ability to activate a group of cards at the point-of-sale (POS) in a single swipe. With Bulk activation, the merchant customer can buy pre-packaged gift cards (up to 100 cards in a single pack) and activate the cards at the POS
- ACH payment options added to Prepaid Reload Automation: in addition to offering the ability to reload closed loop cards with a credit card, First Data is now offering the ability to reload using a checking account through TeleCheck’s ACH reload solution.
- New eCommerce Payment Gateway (First Data Global Gateway e4): robust, fully featured gateway to provide a simplified integration option for mid and large merchants to add online payment capabilities to their business
- XML/SOAP Interface to Compass Platform: additional option for easy connection to First Data’s online payment processing capabilities
- Online PIN Debit: addition of unique, online PIN debit payment capabilities to help eCommerce merchants expand their available payment options for customers to attract new business by integrating their web site to Acculynk
- TransArmor: The TransArmor solution has been enhanced with a merchant-specific token that can be used to initiate new or recurring payments. The token is unique to a merchant and can be stored and used instead of the cardholder’s actual primary account number (PAN)
- VeriFone PAYware Mobile solution: a wireless payment solution that enables merchants to process transactions virtually anywhere, anytime by turning an iPhone into a mobile POS device using a credit card encryption sleeve and application
Micros Launches Payment Gateway Globally, Integrates with Planet Payment