Upon opening in late 2009, CityCenter will debut the most advanced guestroom technology in the country at the ARIA Resort & Casino, Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas and The Harmon Hotel, Spa & Residences. CityCenter collaborated with Control4 Corporation to develop an unsurpassed level of personalized automation for every guestroom, a luxury previously only available in high-end custom homes and select resort suites. Control4's next-generation automation, coupled with CityCenter's ability to network every guestroom device via one gigabit of bandwidth, will deliver an unrivaled guest experience that will become the benchmark for the hospitality industry.
From the moment hotel guests arrive at CityCenter, their stay will be intricately choreographed to meet their personal preferences. Smart solutions throughout the guestroom also will enhance the experience:
- As guests approach their room or suite, it will recognize if it is their first time in the room and "greet" them as they enter. Light will fill the room, the curtains automatically will part to showcase the spectacular city or mountain views, and the TV will turn on to display a list of automated controls for guests to personalize.
- Guests will enjoy seamless, integrated one-touch control of guestroom features, including lighting, room temperature, television/video systems, music, wake-up calls, draperies and requests for services through a single, easy-to-use remote control. Each nightstand also will feature a seven-inch panel with touch-screen technology that navigates the same room settings as the remote. All settings will be remembered and incorporated every time a guest is in-room.
- Having all guestroom devices on one network enables guests to select "scenes" matching their mood or preference, which modify all settings at once. For example, each room will feature a "good night" button next to the bed. With one touch, guests can turn off the lights, TV and/or music; shut the curtains; and turn on the privacy notification for the room. Similarly, guests can utilize the TV's sleep mode to accomplish the same result on a timer.
- All guestrooms will incorporate keyless locks utilizing RFID technology, which enables guests to unlock the door by flashing their key over the lock sensor. The electronic key cannot be demagnetized, thus reducing key failure.
- For the ultimate connectivity to all devices, each room will include a 42-inch LCD HDTV that allows guests to connect their laptop and enjoy a big-screen monitor; watch a multitude of domestic and international channels in rich high-definition quality; plug in video devices such as game consoles or cameras; control room automation; and enjoy their MP3 players.
- The television also will serve as a convenient communications center; when on, the TV will automatically display messages pertaining to new voicemails or package receipts and more.
- The classic clock radio will be replaced with TV settings that can wake guests up gradually through controlled temperature, lighting, curtain opening and preferred music, delivering a subtle and more soothing wake-up experience.
- Each room will feature dimmable lighting, allowing guests to set their preferred light levels.
Wired and wireless
All guestrooms will be networked with fiber offering one gigabit of bandwidth, delivering matchless connectivity with both the Internet as well as hotel operations for unequaled guest service:
- Wireless Internet connectivity will be up to eight times faster (128 kilobytes) than the average U.S. guestroom today. With the increased bandwidth, guests wishing to legally download copyrighted content like music and movies or free Internet content such as YouTube videos, which requires a high-speed connection, can do so quickly and easily.
- All in-room devices also will be on the network, enabling the property to easily "communicate" with the room to perform special requests or maintenance. Whether a remote needs new batteries or a MiniBar needs replenishing, most needs can be identified and resolved before the guest is even aware.
- CityCenter will have the largest Distributed Antenna System in the world, covering more than 14 million square feet. More than 6,500 antennas coupled with over 2,900 wireless access points will enable WiFi not only in every room but also anywhere on the CityCenter campus.
CityCenter's in-room technology will offer a non-obtrusive and easy way to conserve precious resources such as energy and water:
- Green settings on the room's remote system will allow guests the opportunity to voluntarily "green their stay" by indicating their preferred light level, room temperature and frequency of linen and towel changes.
- Systems also can be programmed to automatically put a room into unoccupied status upon checkout - turning down or off the heating/cooling system, televisions, lights and any appliances.