Brink Software recently announced smart phone capability for iPhone and Android which allows restaurant guests to: place their order, process payments, manage their loyalty account, and redeem rewards via any web-enabled smart phone. Unlike other legacy hospitality software; Brink’s mobile ordering is a fully integrated feature of the Brink POS product and is not a “bolt on” addition, with inherent integration difficulty.
Brink Software has made this addition to its tech offerings to meet the growing need of operators to address mobile. Here are six ways Brett Clapham, CEO of Brink Software, believes that mobility will change the face of dining in 2013.
1. Payments – e-wallets or NFC will mean the guest will no longer hand their credit card to a cashier or wait staff.
2. Self-Ordering – guests will place order on mobile device and not need to depend on wait staff.
3. Targeted marketing – marketing campaigns that make use of push notifications and geocoding. Geocoding will also help restaurant owner identify geographic areas for increasing marketing or even expansion.
4. Immediate guest feedback and response. Guest can submit a satisfaction survey while still in the restaurant, manager will be alerted on their smartphone of a negative experience and immediately respond by know where exactly that guest is.
5. Replace old style loyalty cards, such as punch cards. Restaurants will offer loyalty programs that include a mobile app, the app acts as the loyalty card and be integrated with social media.
6. Manager’s dashboard – mobile app on the managers’ smart phone will allow them to more effectively manage the restaurant. Real time data and alerts right to their mobile device to help make time sensitive decisions, such as launching a promotion or reducing labor.
Orders placed using the mobile ordering app go through the same process as orders through the desktop online ordering module. Submitted orders are automatically sent to the kitchen at the appropriate time without any action required by the restaurant staff. The app can be customized to match the branding of any restaurant and the use of QR codes allows restaurants to offer in-store mobile ordering, reducing both wait times and labor cost.
Online ordering via mobile also allows for tight integration with online loyalty programs. Brink's system allows restaurants to track customer's order history and award points or items to loyal diners while they place their order. Through pre-set account numbers, or the guest’s email address, restaurants can track, manage and analyze their clients’ behavior and as such provide truly targeted incentives, customer service and reasons for rapid return. Customers can simply order off the menu and request a pick up time using the system, via a smart phone and their food is fired in the kitchen at the appropriate time to accommodate their schedule.
Features of Brink Mobile Capability Include:
Credit Card Processing - Support for all major credit card processors and PCI validated, transaction times that are ultra-fast.
QR Code Scanning - QR codes are used as an entry point into the mobile ordering app, letting the system know the guest is in the restaurant and their precise location.
Loyalty Integration - A single guest account is used online and in-store for order tracking, stored payment cards, and loyalty awards and redemptions.