Agilysys, Inc. announced at HITEC 2014 the preview of rGuest™ Stay, a cloud-based property management system that is the first in a suite of applications built using the new rGuest hospitality software platform.
rGuest Stay is a guest-centric property management system that uses a standards-based solution on an open platform to enable integrated applications delivered from Agilysys, its partners and customers. The integrated platform is designed to allow hotels to gather and analyze guest data that can be used to create loyalty-generating offers and revenue. rGuest Stay also delivers real-time data so that hotels can more accurately forecast demand and scale services up or down accordingly. Its housekeeping capabilities leverage an optimization engine to assign resources so that properties can manage staff in a way that balances guest needs and operational efficiency. The solution's intuitive features enable properties to reduce staff training time and begin serving guests immediately.
According to Agilysys, rGuest Stay offers scalability, operational efficiency, reduced technology footprint and the ability to upgrade capacity without business interruption, benefits specifically useful for small to mid-sized properties. For larger hotels, destination resorts and complex casino properties, rGuest Stay is designed so that future releases can be delivered as an on-premise solution for maximum control and seamless integration with existing technologies.
Key features of the rGuest Stay property management system include:
• Group room block management
• Room inventory
• Flexible rate management
• Reservations, including interfaces that accept reservations from online travel agencies and the hotel's own website
• Guest service management, including check-in, check-out and in-house experience management
• Functionality that presents upsell offers during check-in
• Guest, company and travel agent profile management
• Folio management and charge routing
• Accounts receivable
• Integrated credit card processing using tokenization and Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE) technology
• Interfaces for telephone, in-room movies, point-of-sale, credit card, door locking systems, mini-bar and other back office systems
The rGuest platform was developed with input from Agilysys customer advisory boards that represent a wide variety of hospitality providers, including independent hotels, gaming properties, resorts and luxury hotels.