On the first day of September, my publisher said to me, "Let's start planning next year at HT." And so it began; our team combed through current industry news and trends, scoured research reports, and consulted a multitude of sources to uncover the hottest topics in hospitality technology for 2009.
Here's a sampling of what's on the list: news and trends in point of sale technology, best practices for ensuring security of cardholder data, web-based applications, service oriented architecture and cloud computing, the changing model of self service, mobile marketing, a continuing focus on efficiency, personalizing the guest experience, and new ways to innovate through technology.
In the year ahead, we'll continue to bring you a host of industry news and trends each day on htmagazine.com. In addition, we're now providing exclusive case studies online each week. In print, we're bringing you new supplements and securing exclusive cover stories with the executives you want to hear from most. In short, here's what to expect from Hospitality Technology in 2009:
- Twelve months of online daily news updates;
- Eleven technology comparison charts;
- Ten Web seminars on hot topics;
- Nine regular issues of Hospitality Technology;
- Eight special supplements on industry trends and new technology;
- Seven white paper reports;
- Six feature stories in each issue;
- Five monthly e-newsletters;
- Four industry networking and educational events;
- Three annual studies;
- Two exclusive web features every week;
- And a 2009 Innovation Initiative.